Monday, June 9, 2008

Ebbs

You
inspire
in my heart
the art of the
divine; heaven
blessed inspiration
sent down to me from
you that fills my life and gives
me a reason to live like a
blind man who missed
so much life suddenly
given eyes with
which he sees
the world for
the first
time
enough
to notice
that haircut
or the way you
smile at me when
you think I'm not looking
at your eyes, your laughing
eyes that never take anything
seriously like that time I came home
so frustrated and all you could do was
laugh at me and tell me I was being
childish like you never act like a
child who sits there pouting in
a chair asking anyone who
cares to listen why no one
is paying any attention
to her when maybe
someone is there
just across the
room writing
a poem all
about the
way she
moves
him.

3 comments:

  1. i love you. what i woulndt give to write like you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps- i love how it says jonny says because i use ur email:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, i just opened up OPEN COMMENTS so now you can post as KRISTIN instead of Jonny. Dork.

    ReplyDelete