Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Old Poetry

I was hanging out with Kacin the other day and we started going through old poetry the other had had written. Anyway, I figured I would post some of my favorite poems here:

[Untitled]
How can life confront me with these choices,
When I have been so needlessly confused?
Should I take heed of all of the voices,
I'd be left feeling senselessly abused.
I see your brown eyes, and they say to me:
"Get away from spirits haunting your past.
Hindsight is not life, you're here presently.
Find what it is you need for peace at last."

Tender words of wisdom given freely
Like warmth from a comforting summer rain.
No audible speech is necessary;
Water from Heaven washes away pain.
Wisdom can be, quite unfortunately
elusive.  It can drive a man insane.

--Jonny Gomez
June of 2003, 15 years old


Dynasty
The sun shines sweetly down
shining bright as heaven's gates.
A springtime dusk approaches,
the moon behind me waits.

He waits with ravenous desire
to steal the Light King's throne.
The sunset dims, the moon will win,
his victory trumpet blown.

Wicked stars come forth to claim
positions in his kingdom.
Yet darkness fades, the moon does know
his time to rule is soon done.

A rooster yonder crows,
behold! The herald of the morn.
The darkness slips into remiss
and thus: a day is born.

--Jonny Gomez
February of 2002, 14 years old

Anyway, those are a couple old poems that I found.  I'll probably post more under new posts to make the title look fancier, especially the poems I like a lot more than these I just posted.  Interesting fact, that first poem was written about a week before my grandfather passed away from cancer.  Poetry written after his death gets a lot darker for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment